Coaches & Administrators
Resource Center for IHSAA Member Schools
Provided for member school athletic directors, coaches, and administrators.
View publicly available regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures for IHSAA events.
IHSAA Handbooks & Manuals
Handbooks and manuals are updated annually, and outline IHSAA member school policies and procedures for IHSAA-sanctioned sporting events.
Sports Eligibility Information
Transfer, open enrollment, foreign exchange, public and non-public, and collegiate eligibility resources.
Eligibility rules and interpretations per IAC 281–36.15.
The “Student Eligibility Checklist” is recommended for completion by member school administrators upon registration of students interested in participating in varsity competition and new to their respective districts.
- Student Eligibility Checklist
- Guidance on Scholarship Rule
- Students Open Enrolling Due to Bullying & Harassment
- Eligibility of Students with Learning Disabilities
- Foreign Exchange Student Participation Form
- Council on Standards for International Educational Travel
Non-Public School Eligibility
- Assurance of Eligibility of a Student Under Competent Private Instruction (CPI)
- Request for Participation in Extra-Curricular Activities at a Non-Public School via CPI
District Reorganizations & Sharing
- Eligibility in District Reorganization
- Public School Eligibility – District Dissolution, Reorganization, Sharing
- Non-Public School Eligibility – District Dissolution, Reorganization, Mergers
- Cooperative Sharing & Student Participation
Calendars for IHSAA key dates, postseason events, Unified activities, and more.
MEMBER SCHOOL LOG-IN AT BOUND
Member School Memos
Newsletters, updates, and executive director memos from the IHSAA during the school year.
IOWA COACHING AUTHORIZATION
Board of Educational Examiners
- All coaching licensure is through the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners.
- The IHSAA does NOT provide endorsement or authorization of coaches or administrators.
- Per BOEE policy, all paid and volunteer coaches of sanctioned athletics for K-12 in Iowa must hold a valid coaching license (authorization or endorsement).
- For more information on registration or renewal, please contact Iowa BOEE.
- BOEE Links
BOEE: Authorization Renewal
- Documents are requested for five renewal activities:
- Required: Certificates for mandatory reporter trainings for both child and dependent adult abuse. These two trainings combined count as one activity.
- Required: Concussion training (less than one year old)
- Required: CPR certification
- & 5. Two activities of your choosing from the following: Any NFHS video, IHSAA or IGHSAU online rules meetings, workshops, clinics, or printouts from any renewal credit from another approved Iowa provider.
Coach & Administrator Organizations
Professional or sport-specific associations for coaches and administrators.
General School Guidelines
School staff and parent resources from the Iowa Department of Education, National Federation of State High School Associations, and more.
Prepare for inclement weather with guides and procedures for lightning, tornadoes, severe weather, and more.
Critical Incident Planning
In the case of unforeseen circumstances, the Iowa High School Athletic Association member schools have plans and procedures in place to keep students and participants safe at all times.
- Bus Bomb Threat
- Bus Chemical Spill/Attack
- Bus Fire/Explosion
- Bus & Hazardous Weather
- Bus Medical Emergency
- Contact Information
- Crowd Crisis
- Emergency Action Planning
- Event Bomb Threat
- Event Chemical Spill/Attack
- Event Fire/Explosion
- Event Hazardous Weather
- Medical Emergency
- Missing Student/Abduction
- Power Outage
- Violence Prevention Guidelines
IHSAA Help Wanted Listings
Treynor Boys Basketball looking to fill Home and Home (JV and V) openings for ‘23 and ‘24 seasons. Please reach out to Jim Lovely at email@example.com.
Bettendorf HS is looking for a boys soccer game. Bettendorf is willing to host or travel. Please contact Zach Shay if interested. firstname.lastname@example.org
Oelwein is looking for more boys tennis matches. We are willing to host or willing to travel up to an hour and fifteen minutes away from Oelwein. Please contact AD, Jamie Jacobs, if interested at email@example.com.
|Mason City is looking for several teams for JV Boys Golf invitational. This would be a 18 hole tournament. The date we are looking at hosting is August 18, 2023. We are looking to get those JV Golfers more experience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more or send golfers to the meet.|
No active listings.
EQUIPMENT Wanted & FOR SALE
No active listings.