Iowa High School Wrestling
Iowa: Wrestling’s Home and Heartbeat
At the center of our state’s vibrant history, culture, and passion for sports, Iowa reigns as one of the nation’s leaders in high school wrestling. Decades of championships and community support back the tradition of producing national and Olympic champions. The high school season of folkstyle wrestling culminates with the consistently sold-out state championships at Wells Fargo Arena in downtown Des Moines.
The IHSAA is proud to announce the 2023 honorees for induction into the IHSAA Wrestling Hall of...
Sites and assignments for wrestling's 2023 regional dual team tournaments are now available for...
DES MOINES, Iowa – The Iowa High School Athletic Association’s Board of Control met Friday,...
STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT CENTRAL
For all things postseason and tournament, refer to the IHSAA Wrestling Tournament Central.
Wrestling Administrator, Fan & Athlete Materials
- 2023-24 Preliminary Classifications
- 2023-24 Manuals
- Regular Season
- Postseason (Duals, Districts, State)
- 2023-24 Coach & AD Memos
- To Be Announced
- 2023 State Individual Tournament Schedule
- 2024 State Individual Tournament Schedule
- 2025 State Individual Tournament Schedule
- State Traditional Tournament Seeding Criteria
- 2023 State Dual Tournament Schedule
- 2024 State Dual Tournament Schedule
- 2023 District Wrestling Bracket
- 2023 Record Book
- IWCOA Dual Team Rankings
- Medical Release for Return to Athletics Form
- 2021-22 Rule Update: Near Fall, Edge of Mat
- Legal and illegal headgear – 2022-23
- Scholastic/Folkstyle Wrestling Rules
- TrackWrestling Information
Important Upcoming Events
For school-specific events, please contact your school’s athletic director or reference your conference website.
View StateWide WRESTLING INFO at Your Fingertips
BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENTS
- Body Composition Assessor Application Form
- Emergency Weigh-In Form
- Approved Body Composition Assessment Personnel
- Body Composition Assessment Packet for Assessors
- Body Composition Assessment Packet for Schools
- Body Composition Data Collection Form
- Body Composition Appeal Request Form
- Release Form for Wrestlers Below 7% Body Fat
- Wrestling Scale Certification Agencies
- Hydration Assessment Instructions
- Tips for Hydration Assessment