Iowa High School Wrestling
Iowa: Wrestling’s Home and Heartbeat
At the center of our state’s vibrant history, culture, and passion for sports, Iowa reigns as one of the nation’s leaders in high school wrestling. Decades of championships and community support back the tradition of producing national and Olympic champions. The high school season of folkstyle wrestling culminates with the consistently sold-out state championships at Wells Fargo Arena in downtown Des Moines.
Last week’s meeting of the IHSAA Board of Control went on as scheduled, but like most...
Brackets are now available for the 2020 IHSAA State Traditional Wrestling Tournament, which begins...
2020 District Tournament Links Date: Saturday, February 15 Time: 12 p.m. Tickets: $6 The top two...
Important Upcoming Events
For school-specific events, please contact your school’s athletic director or reference your conference website.
Officials may log in to the Iowa High School Athletic Association App.
View StateWide WRESTLING INFO at Your Fingertips
STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT CENTRAL
For all things postseason and tournament, refer to the IHSAA Wrestling Tournament Central.
Wrestling Administrator, Fan & Athlete Materials
- 2021 State Tournament Schedule
- 2019-20 Classifications
- 2019-20 Regular Season Manual
- 2020 Sectional & District Tournament Manual
- 2020 Regional & State Duals Manual
- 2020 State Tournament Manual
- 2020 Wrestling Stat Book
- IWCOA Dual Team Rankings
- Coach & Officials Memos
- 2020-21 NFHS Rules Changes
- 2019-20 Wrestling Rules Meeting
- 2019-20 Rules Meeting Reference
- 2018-19 Rules Meeting Reference
- 2019-20 NFHS Rules Powerpoint
- Scholastic/Folkstyle Wrestling Rules
- TrackWrestling Instructions for Coaches
- TrackWrestling Instructions for Assessors
- TrackWrestling Tournament Registration Instructions
- Iowa Bankers Association Scholarship
- Sectional Weigh In Information for State Speech Contestants
- Cheerleader Rules: Sectionals, Districts, Regionals
WRESTLING Media Gallery
View More & Order Official Wrestling Photos
BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENTS
- Emergency Weigh-In Form
- Approved Body Composition Assessment Personnel
- Composition Assessment Packet for Assessors
- Composition Assessment Packet for Schools
- Body Composition Data Collection Form
- Body Composition Appeal Request Form
- Release Form for Wrestlers Below 7% Body Fat
- Wrestling Scale Certification
- Hydration Assessment Instructions
- Tips for Hydration Assessment