Iowa High School Wrestling
Iowa: Wrestling’s Home and Heartbeat
At the center of our state’s vibrant history, culture, and passion for sports, Iowa reigns as one of the nation’s leaders in high school wrestling. Decades of championships and community support back the tradition of producing national and Olympic champions. The high school season of folkstyle wrestling culminates with the consistently sold-out state championships at Wells Fargo Arena in downtown Des Moines.
Important Upcoming Events
For school-specific events, please contact your school’s athletic director or reference your conference website.
Officials may log in to the Iowa High School Athletic Association App.
Upcoming Events › Wrestling
List of Events
Iowa high school boys 1A and 2A wrestlers compete in sectionals across the state.
The 2A & 1A Dual Team regional tournament takes place.
All classifications of boys wrestling compete in districts across the state.
View StateWide WRESTLING INFO at Your Fingertips
STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT CENTRAL
For all things postseason and tournament, refer to the IHSAA Wrestling Tournament Central.
WRESTLING Media Gallery
View More & Order Official Wrestling Photos
RESOURCES FOR THE PRESS
Wrestling Administrator, Fan & Athlete Materials
- 2020 Sectional & District Assignments
- Sectional Weigh In Information for State Speech Contestants
- 2020 Grooming Rule
- 2019-20 Preliminary Classifications
- 2019-20 Regular Season Manual
- 2019 Wrestling Stat Book
- IWCOA Dual Team Rankings
- Coach & Officials Memos
- 2019-20 Wrestling Rules Meeting
- 2019-20 Rules Meeting Reference
- 2018-19 Rules Meeting Reference
- 2019-20 NFHS Rules Powerpoint
- Scholastic/Folkstyle Wrestling Rules
- TrackWrestling Instructions for Coaches
- TrackWrestling Instructions for Assessors
- TrackWrestling Tournament Registration Instructions
- Iowa Bankers Association Scholarship
- Cheerleader Rules: Sectionals, Districts, Regionals
BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENTS
- Emergency Weigh-In Form
- Approved Body Composition Assessment Personnel
- Composition Assessment Packet for Assessors
- Composition Assessment Packet for Schools
- Body Composition Data Collection Form
- Body Composition Appeal Request Form
- Release Form for Wrestlers Below 7% Body Fat
- Wrestling Scale Certification
- Hydration Assessment Instructions
- Tips for Hydration Assessment