Iowa High School Wrestling
Iowa: Wrestling’s Home and Heartbeat
At the center of our state’s vibrant history, culture, and passion for sports, Iowa reigns as one of the nation’s leaders in high school wrestling. Decades of championships and community support back the tradition of producing national and Olympic champions. The high school season of folkstyle wrestling culminates with the consistently sold-out state championships at Wells Fargo Arena in downtown Des Moines.
Following approval on Friday morning by the IHSAA’s Board of Control, sectional and district...
DES MOINES, Iowa – The 2021 class of the Iowa High School Athletic Association's Wrestling Hall of...
COVID-19 GENERAL GUIDANCE WINTER 2020-21 Updated: February 9, 2021 Original Publish Date: October...
STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT CENTRAL
For all things postseason and tournament, refer to the IHSAA Wrestling Tournament Central.
View StateWide WRESTLING INFO at Your Fingertips
Important Upcoming Events
For school-specific events, please contact your school’s athletic director or reference your conference website.
Officials may log in to the Iowa High School Athletic Association App.
Wrestling Administrator, Fan & Athlete Materials
- 2021-22 Classifications
- 2021-22 Regular Season Manual
- 2022 Postseason Sites & Assignments
- IWCOA Dual Team Rankings
- Coach & Officials Memos
- 2022 State Traditional Tournament Schedule
- 2022 State Dual Tournament Schedule
- State Tournament Seeding Information
- 2020-21 Wrestling Stat Book
- Girls’ Division Tournaments for 2021-22
- 2021-22 Rule Update: Near Fall, Edge of Mat
- 2020 Rules Meeting Reference
- 2020 Rules Meeting Expanded Explanation
- Scholastic/Folkstyle Wrestling Rules
- TrackWrestling Information
- Iowa Bankers Association Scholarship
- 2022 Information Letter – coming soon
- 2022 Application Form – coming soon
BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENTS
- Body Composition Assessor Application Form
- Emergency Weigh-In Form
- Approved Body Composition Assessment Personnel
- Composition Assessment Packet for Assessors
- Composition Assessment Packet for Schools
- Body Composition Data Collection Form
- Body Composition Appeal Request Form
- Release Form for Wrestlers Below 7% Body Fat
- Wrestling Scale Certification Agencies
- Hydration Assessment Instructions
- Tips for Hydration Assessment