Iowa High School Football
America’s Game, Iowa High School Passion
More boys still participate in football than any other sport at the high school level, and IHSAA member schools have played since 1909. The first IHSAA playoffs took place in 1972, with the current system now featuring six 11-player classifications and one 8-player classification. Four teams in each class advance to semifinals and finals at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls each year.
The Iowa High School Athletic Association will begin developing and releasing rankings for all...
Football schedules for the 2023 and 2024 regular seasons are now available for all participating...
DES MOINES, Iowa – Following Monday’s Zoom meeting of the IHSAA Board of Control, district and...
IOWA HIGH SCHOOL STATE PLAYOFF CENTRAL
For all things postseason and state football, refer to the IHSAA State Playoff Central.
Football Administrator, Fan & Athlete Materials
- 2023 Officials Training Videos
- Preseason Training Schedule & Guidelines
- 2023 NFHS Football Interpretations
- 2023 Mechanics Experiment
- Field Diagram
- Overtime Procedure
- Play Clock Operator Guide
- Line-To-Gain Crew Guide
- Play Clock Cheat Sheet
- 35-Point Differential Guide
- Public Address Game Guide
- Public Address Sportsmanship Announcements
- Regular Season Video Taping Guidelines
- 2023 Reconditioning Letter
View IHSAA FOOTBALL Scores & Stats
Statewide schedules, scores, statistics, and more at Quik Stats Iowa.
Managed by Bound.
Important Upcoming Events
For school-specific events, please contact your school’s athletic director or reference your conference’s website.