Iowa Boys Cross Country State Meet
STATE MEET CENTRAL
Each year, the Iowa high school state cross country meet sees the state’s fastest boys and girls compete at Kennedy Park in Fort Dodge. The meet has been co-ed since 1979 and has taken place in Fort Dodge since 1993.
STATE MEET schedule
Saturday, November 2
11:00 a.m. Girls 4A
11:30 a.m. Boys 4A
12:00 p.m. Girls 3A
12:20 p.m. Awards Ceremony 4A
12:30 p.m. Boys 3A
1:00 p.m. Girls 2A
1:20 p.m. Awards Ceremony 3A
1:30 p.m. Boys 2A
2:00 p.m. Girls 1A
2:20 p.m. Awards Ceremony 2A
2:30 p.m. Boys 1A
3:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony 1A
STATE MEET TEAM INFORMATION
State MEET Spectator Information
New in 2019: Admission is $10 per person
Applies to all individuals, including children school-aged and older.
Payment will be taken prior to boarding shuttle. Cash or check only.
Parking at the Iowa High School State Cross Country Meet
SHUTTLE BUS AREAS
Four parking areas are available with shuttle service to park. Individuals pay $10 upon entering shuttle buses. Receive a wristband upon entry of bus. Wristband not required to return to any shuttle location, in case one is lost, torn, or a student-athlete is returning home with parents. There is no cost to park at these locations.
1. Fort Dodge Senior High School: 819 North 25th Street
2. Fort Dodge Middle School: 800 North 32nd Street
3. Fort Dodge Aquatic Center: 1111 North 32nd Street
4. Harlan Rogers Sports Complex: 1628 Nelson Avenue
We recognize that three nearby fields may allow and charge for parking beyond the established shuttle locations.
– These locations may be charging $10 parking per car as they have in the past.
– Spectators will pay the $10 admission, even if they are paying to park in these areas.
– Two access points will be created for these spectators to enter and pay admission: One will be placed on the roadside, and the other placed along the south field side. Fort Dodge Parks and Recreation is examining the possibility of placing temporary fences at these sites to channel spectators through the access points. Tents with signs will be placed at these entrance areas.
Vehicles bearing disability parking permits via plate, placard, or sticker will be allowed into the park area to park, but they will be required to pay the $10 admission per person. Each paying person will be given a wristband upon entry. A designated area for these vehicles will be provided as available.
MORE SHUTTLE INFORMATION
- NO PARKING for spectators inside Kennedy Park.
- Shuttle services available for all general parking. The first shuttles will depart lots at 8:30 a.m.and the final shuttles will leave Kennedy Park at 4 p.m.
- Plan for 60-90 minutes of transportation time from the parking lot to Kennedy Park.
- Shuttle drop-off and pick-up zone will be within Kennedy Park.
- No early setup or tailgating allowed unless authorized IHSAA/IGHSAU parking pass is used. All team tailgating supplies must be transported by vehicle in possession of IHSAA/IGHSAU pass.
- No roadside parking around Kennedy Park.
State MEET TEAM ENTRY
Team Transportation & Payment
- School vehicles are allowed into Kennedy Park and Lakeside Golf Course.
- Teams should arrive at least two hours prior to the start of their race.
- Congestion occurs throughout Fort Dodge, especially on Nelson Avenue, County Road D-14.
- All passes for school vehicles will be distributed prior to the meet by the IHSAA & the IGHSAU.
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up zone for teams will be in front of Heun Shelter
(in the parking lot, NOT along the park road).
Each qualifying team receives 12 complimentary admissions and two parking passes. If a school qualifies an individual(s) but not a team, they will be provided complimentary admission for the qualifier(s), plus three additional complimentary admissions and one parking pass. The school will be invoiced for any additional individuals traveling in a team vehicle beyond the complimentary admissions.
Two complimentary parking passes will be provided to each state qualifying team, giving them access to lots at the park. If a school is using a bus to transport the team, both complimentary passes will be required for the school bus to be admitted. Upon entering the park area, park personnel will ask the coach or bus driver which school/group is on the bus (girls team, boys team, both girls and boys team) and the total number of individuals in the bus (excluding the bus driver).
Two complimentary parking passes will be provided to each state qualifying team, giving them access to lots at the park. One pass will be provided to each team that has state qualifying individuals (no team). If a school is using a van or car to transport the team, one complimentary pass will be required for the vehicle to be admitted. Upon entering the park area, park personnel will ask the coach or driver which school/group is in the vehicle and then the total number of individuals in the vehicle.
The named administrator and one guest receive free admission and may park their vehicle inside the park with display of the teal 2019-20 Administrator card. Any additional passengers will pay the $10 admission and receive a wristband. The administrator and plus-one will not receive wristbands.
Pep buses will not be allowed to park in the park area. If schools wish to transport student spectators, that bus or vehicle must park at one of the shuttle areas. Those individuals would need to pay $10 admission for the shuttle and follow those policies.
Parking Shuttle Locations
FORT DODGE SENIOR HIGH
FORT DODGE MIDDLE SCHOOL
FORT DODGE AQUATIC CENTER
HARLAN ROGERS SPORTS COMPLEX
Media members may park free inside Kennedy Park with proper display of teal 2019-20 IHSAA & IGHSAU state tournament credentials or pass authorization.
Please carpool whenever possible if arriving from same media outlet. Parking zone will be any hard surface. No grass parking is allowed.
Media members possessing teal 2019-20 IHSAA & IGHSAU state tournament credentials do not need to apply to cover this event. Please have credential available to display upon entry.
Media members without the teal 2019-20 IHSAA & IGHSAU state tournament credentials should apply for entry through the link below.
Check out the 2019-20 Media Policy Manual.
Apply for State Cross Country Media Credentials
Link closes at 9 a.m. on Friday, November 1.
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST SEASON’S BOYS STATE CHAMPIONS