Iowa Boys Soccer State Central
STATE SOCCER CENTRAL
The Iowa boys state soccer tournament takes place every spring at the Cownie Soccer Complex in Des Moines.
2020 State Soccer schedule
Monday, June 1
Wednesday, June 3
Friday, June 5
Consolations & Championships
State Soccer Spectator Information
The Cownie Soccer Complex is located at 2600 E Hartford Avenue in Des Moines. Tickets to State Soccer are $10 per day and can be purchased at the gate. Parking is $5 per car.
Things to do in Des Moines
Iowa’s capital city is home to a vibrant downtown district, many parks and recreational opportunities, shopping centers, and hundreds of lodging options. Plan your visit to Des Moines around your tournament stay!
Spectator Policies and Expectations
- Per Des Moines Parks & Recreation, parking is $5 per car each time you enter or re-enter the complex.
- Please do not park on grass medians unless otherwise noted.
- No complex re-entry. No exceptions. Bring all necessary items with you upon first entry.
- No outside food allowed into the complex.
- Alcohol and smoking is prohibited in the complex.
- No tailgating allowed in the parking lots (grills are prohibited).
- No pets (unless licensed service animals).
- Lawn chairs, strollers, and umbrellas ARE permitted into the complex.
- Good sportsmanship and respect for all participants is expected.
- Spectators entering the field of play during or immediately after the conclusion of the game are subject to trespassing violations and subject to arrest by the Des Moines Police Department.
A covered press trailer will be available as the main workspace for media members on the north side of the concession stand. The press box on Field 9 typically has 2-3 spots available for media members. You may bring in tables, chairs, extension cords, etc. to broadcast from the sidelines. Live streaming of any postseason event by media or spectators is prohibited by the IHSAA.
Media Conduct Expectations
By attending a state tournament with an IHSAA approved credential, you are agreeing to abide by professional and standard journalism practices. Cheering is not permitted in the press box or from the sidelines. Credentials and access may not be shared with coaches, parents, friends, children, etc. Please allow student-athletes appropriate time to recover and fulfill team obligations before starting interviews after games.
School Media Representatives
Either one adult OR requesting students per qualifying school. Must bring attendance letter from an administrator and daily ticket to media entrance at SW corner for a credential. No pre-registration required.
Apply for State Soccer Media Credentials
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST SEASON’S State CHAMPIONS