New in 2021, the IHSAA Student-Athlete of the Month Award recognizes one student-athlete who displays exceptional accomplishment in the areas of academics, athletics, and community service.
IHSAA student-athletes (boys’ sports) in grades 9-12 who attend member schools are eligible to receive the award.
Nominations may be submitted by principals, athletic directors, teachers, coaches, guidance counselors or other school administrators. Nominations must be received by the last day of each month in order to qualify for the next month’s award. Award recipients will be selected from September through April each school year.
November 2021 Student-Athlete of the Month
Name: Scott Pearson
Nominated By: Brad Anderlik, Teacher & Coach
Sports: Football, Track and Field
- Junior Optimist Club (Secretary)
- National Honor Society.
- Currently ranked first in class
- 2020: Playoff Quarterfinals, 3rd Team All-State, 1st Team All-District
- 2019: Playoffs, 1st Team All-District
- 2018: 1st Team All-District
- 2021: Team State Champion, 4×400 Champion, Distance Med (Runner-Up), 800M (Runner-Up), 4×800 (3rd)
- 2019: 4×800 (Runner-Up), 4×400 (3rd)
- School Records in 4×200, 4×400, 4×800, Distance Med
- Des Moines Register – 2A All State team (2021)
- Underwood Community Service & Volunteer Club
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership 2021
Congratulations, Scott! Thank you for being a great representation of your school and Iowa high school activities.