Iowa State Football Playoffs
STATE FOOTBALL CENTRAL
The 2019 Iowa high school state football semifinals begin on Thursday, November 14 at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls. Check back for updates and details.
Traffic advisory (Nov. 21): Hudson Road northbound near University Avenue is one lane due to construction. Please consider alternate routes, including Exit 220 if arriving via Highway 20 from the west.
UNI-DOME SCHEDULE & SCORES
Friday, November 22
10:00—#1 Van Meter vs. #5 West Lyon, Inwood
1:00—#1 Waukon vs. #4 OABCIG
7:00—#1 Valley, W.D.M. vs. #3 Dowling Catholic, W.D.M.
2019 STATE FOOTBALL RESULTS
|Class||Semifinal 1||Semifinal 2||Championship||Info|
|4A||Valley, W.D.M. 35, Bettendorf 7||Dowling Catholic, W.D.M. 42, Cedar Rapids, Kennedy 6||Valley, W.D.M. vs. Dowling Catholic, W.D.M.|
|3A||Western Dubuque 48, Lewis Central 14||Solon 43, Sergeant Bluff-Luton 36||Western Dubuque 37, Solon 17||BOX SCORE|
|2A||OABCIG 41, Algona 32||Waukon 32, Williamsburg 14||Waukon vs. OABCIG|
|1A||Van Meter 49, Regina, Iowa City 17||West Lyon 26, West Sioux 21||Van Meter vs. West Lyon|
|A||Grundy Center 23, Saint Ansgar 21||West Hancock 49, Woodbury Central 20||West Hancock 21, Grundy Center 17||BOX SCORE|
|8P||Don Bosco 50, Turkey Valley 6||Audubon 39, St. Mary’s, Remsen 28||Don Bosco 35, Audubon 19||BOX SCORE|
State Football Spectator Information
Tickets to 2019 State Football are $10 and can be purchased at the UNI-Dome, at competing schools, or online. Schools have received promo codes for their purchases. Parking at the UNI-Dome is $10 per car.
- The University of Northern Iowa and the IHSAA have a no re-entry policy. Spectators needing to leave the facility for any reason will need to purchase a ticket to gain entry back in.
- Tickets can be purchased at each entrance to the UNI-Dome when gates open one hour prior to game time.
- Ticket prices are for adults and K-12. Children preschool age and younger are free.
- For more questions, contact the UNI Ticket Office: 319-273-4849.
- Buy Tickets Online
- Cars will be charged $10 to park around the UNI-Dome.
- Pep buses will be charged $20 to par around the UNI-Dome.
- If parking on campus and not in UNI-Dome lots, please monitor and obey University of Northern Iowa signs and policies. Violators may be ticketed or towed.
- UNI-Dome Parking Map
UNI-Dome Rules & Recommendations
- Avoid bringing bags into the facility. All bags, purses, etc. are subject to search by security.
- No outside food or beverage may be brought into the facility.
- The Home team (higher-ranked) sits on the east side of the UNI-Dome, the Visiting team sits on the west side of the bleachers.
- No seating in the first row of bleachers.
- No artificial noisemakers.
- No signs or banners are to be used in the crowd. This includes “fatheads,” pictures of players on sticks, good luck posters, etc.
- Towels or “Homer Hankies” of approximately 11 inches by 16 inches are permissible, as are pom-poms that are not on a stick.
- Shirts and shoes are required. Body paint is not considered a shirt.
- No masks or helmets are to be worn.
- Bring necessary clothing and personal items in with you to UNI-Dome before having your ticket scanned as there is a no re-entry policy.
- Smoking on the campus of the University of Northern Iowa is prohibited. Violators will be issued written citations with no warnings.
Things to do in Cedar Falls
The city of Cedar Falls is home to the University of Northern Iowa and many local tourist attractions, shops, and recreational opportunities. No smoking is permitted on the UNI campus.
Complimentary Admission for Football Teams
All 96 teams that qualified for the playoffs are able to receive free admission to the championship game of their respective class. If teams, managers, and coaches would like to attend , please contact Todd Tharp by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 18. Teams should arrive all together and to the Pass Gate, located in the connector between the UNI-Dome and McLeod Center. In order to receive free admission, players need to show up with a member of the coaching staff. Individual players and managers will not be granted free admission, nor will coaching staffs only or cheerleading squads.
Whether or not your high school qualified for the postseason, all junior high teams, managers, and coaches may attend the championship game of their respective class for free thanks to the generosity of the Iowa Farm Bureau. Please contact IHSAA football administrator Todd Tharp to RSVP by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 18 to receive instruction for the free admission. Teams should arrive all together and to the Pass Gate, located in the connector between the UNI-Dome and McLeod Center. In order to receive free admission, players need to show up with a member of the coaching staff.
Apply for State Football Media Credentials
Form will close at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 20.
The IHSAA kindly requests that all media members from newspaper, TV, or digital outlets planning to attend the state semifinals and finals register through the form below. Media members who registered for the semifinals do not need to register again for the finals.
The teal 2019-20 state tournament credential will be accepted and will streamline entry at the UNI-Dome.
School Media: Schools will be allowed up to 3 students or 1 adult as a school media representative. Ticket and school letter required. No pre-registration necessary.
Radio: Apply for credentials and access through Iowa High School Sports Network. No IHSAA registration.
Freelance: Applications not accepted. Must have assigning editor/director from approved outlets apply for confirmation.
Wondering if you qualify for a credential? Please consult the Media Policy Manual.
FINALS MEDIA GUIDES
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST SEASON’S STATE CHAMPIONS
West Des Moines
Visit quikstatsiowa for updated iowa high school football statistics
VIEW BOX SCORES FROM 2018 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES