Iowa Swimming State Meet Central
THE IOWA BOYS HIGH SCHOOL STATE SWIMMING MEET
December 3 Update: Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, the 2021 IHSAA State Swimming Championships will not be held at the University of Iowa’s Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. The meet’s substitute site will be announced as soon as possible. The state meet is currently scheduled for February 13, 2021.
State Meet schedule
Order of Events
At noon, the competition pool and warmup pools will close for the IHSSCA Team Power Point Champion and Service Awards. The meet begins at 12:10pm with the Parade of Teams.
- Parade of Teams
- IHSSCA Hall of Fame Awards
- National Anthem
Swimming competition begins
immediately following the National Anthem (Warm-up pool reopens)
- Event #1 – 200-yard Medley Relay
- Event #2 – 200-yard Freestyle
Awards for the 200-yard Medley Relay
- Event #3 – 200-yard Individual Medley
Awards for the 200-yard Freestyle
- Event #4 – 50-yard Freestyle
Awards for the 200-yard Individual Medley
IHSSCA District Swimmers & Coaches of the Year
Awards for the 50-yard Freestyle
- Event #5 – 100-yard Butterfly
- Event #6 – 100-yard Freestyle
Awards for the 100-yard Butterfly
- Event #7 – 500-yard Freestyle
Awards for the 100-yard Freestyle
- Event # 8 – 200-yard Freestyle Relay
Awards for the 500-yard Freestyle
- Event # 9 – 100-yard Backstroke
Awards for the 200-yard Freestyle Relay
- Event # 10 – 100-yard Breaststroke
Awards for the 100-yard Back stroke
- Event #11 – 400-yard Freestyle Relay
Awards for the 100-yard Breaststroke
Awards for the 400-yard Freestyle Relay
- IHSSCA Swimmer & Coach of the Year
- Third-place, runner-up & Championship team trophies
State Swimming Spectator Information
Tickets are $10, cash only. General admission tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m. at CRWC.
Pre-sale and reserved tickets are sold out after being offered directly to member schools.
CRWC Rules & Expectations
- Reserved sections are accessible for schools & require a ticket for children ages three and up. Purchase reserved seats at qualifying schools.
- Children not yet in school are not charged to sit in the general admission seating.
- Doors to the natatorium will open at 11:00 am.
- No tents and other shelters are allowed outside of the CRWC.
- Concessions, t-shirts, and programs available for purchase beginning at 11:00 am.
- No saving of seats allowed in the general admission section.
- Spectators are welcome to video from their seats, but will not be allowed on the deck area. Tripods will not be allowed for videotaping.
- Signs, banners, and artificial noisemakers are prohibited.
- All fans must wear shoes and shirts.
Parking Around the University of Iowa CRWC
Parking will be charged at a graduated hourly rate at all lots and garages around the CRWC. Please refer to the following link to find available lots and garages the day of the meet.
Apply for State Swimming Media Credentials
Credentialed media members planning to cover the tournaments should plan to arrive with the teal IHSAA/IGHSAU 2019-20 pass or email Chris Cuellar (email@example.com) to request access.
Limited work space is available on-site.
School media representatives may include one adult or up to two students per qualifying school. Representatives must bring an attendance letter from an administrator and ticket to the pass gate for a credential. No pre-registration is required.
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST SEASON’S STATE CHAMPIONS
Iowa City, West