Winter 2020-21: Return to Competition
Updated: October 20, 2020
This document should be considered as providing recommendations from the IHSAA for member schools and may be updated before and during the winter 2020-21 season.
People (players, coaches, officials, spectators, etc.) feeling sick or that have been exposed to someone sick, should not attend or participate in competitions or practices. The IHSAA and IGHSAU strongly encourages all participants and spectators to practice social distancing and wear face coverings whenever possible. Local policies may vary, including requiring face coverings for spectators.
Schools are asked to read a public address announcement at the start of each event encouraging social distancing (ex: arm test) and remind spectators to do their part to keep their kids healthy and active.
- Bowling Ball
- The use of Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is permitted to disinfect your bowling ball
Regular Season Considerations
- Teams should follow COVID rules & regulations of the bowling venues
- Masks strongly encouraged for all spectators, coaches and participants
- Masks may be removed when ready to bowl
- No sharing of bowling balls
- Handshakes/high fives strongly discouraged
- Bowling venues will determine seating capacity
- Separate JV/Varsity competitions or boys/girls competitions
- Possibly schedule for JV-only meets
Suggested Ideas & Formats
- One team (6 bowlers) on two lanes for both rounds of bowling
- No movement to other lanes
For COVID-19 related information on all IHSAA winter activities, please visit: