The IHSAA Student-Athlete of the Month Award recognizes one student-athlete who displays exceptional accomplishment in the areas of academics, athletics, and community service.
IHSAA student-athletes in grades 9-12 who attend member schools are eligible to receive the award.
Nominations may be submitted by principals, athletic directors, teachers, coaches, guidance counselors or other school administrators. Nominations must be received by the last day of each month in order to qualify for the next month’s award.
October 2023 Student-Athlete of the Month
Name: Treyton Schaapherder
Nominated By: Jake Lord, athletic director
Sports: Cross Country, Track & Field
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- National History Day (NHD)
- 3.8 GPA
- Numerous dual-credit college courses
- NHD National Competition
- Highly ranked cross country runner in Class 2A and holds school record.
- 2nd in 3200m and 3rd in 1600m run at state track last season.
- Numerous volunteer opportunities through NHS, Student Council, and his athletic teams (leader in all)
- Youth mentors
- Clarinda Craft Carnival
- Works with youth battling restless leg syndrome
Congratulations, Treyton! Thank you for being a great representation of your school and Iowa high school activities.