The IHSAA Student-Athlete of the Month Award recognizes one student-athlete who displays exceptional accomplishment in the areas of academics, athletics, and community service.
IHSAA student-athletes in grades 9-12 who attend member schools are eligible to receive the award.
Nominations may be submitted by principals, athletic directors, teachers, coaches, guidance counselors or other school administrators. Nominations must be received by the last day of each month in order to qualify for the next month’s award.
October 2022 Student-Athlete of the Month
Name: Zach Lutmer
School: Central Lyon
Nominated By: Jason Engleman, Principal
Sports: Football, Basketball, Track and Field, Baseball
- Student Council
- 3.84 GPA
- Three-year starter at quarterback
- Lions are rated #1 and undefeated in 2022
- Two-time first team all-state
- 2020 runner-up in Class 2A
- 2022 first team all-state, all-tournament team
- 2022 runner-up in Class 2A
- Track & Field
- Multi-year state qualifier
- Multi-year all-conference player
- Youth group mentoring/supervising through local church and community rec.
- School district’s backpack program. Packs and delivers food bags for students to take home over weekend.
Congratulations, Zach! Thank you for being a great representation of your school and Iowa high school activities.