The IHSAA Student-Athlete of the Month Award recognizes one student-athlete who displays exceptional accomplishment in the areas of academics, athletics, and community service.
IHSAA student-athletes in grades 9-12 who attend member schools are eligible to receive the award.
Nominations may be submitted by principals, athletic directors, teachers, coaches, guidance counselors or other school administrators. Nominations must be received by the last day of each month in order to qualify for the next month’s award.
November 2022 Student-Athlete of the Month
Name: Nick Reinicke
School: Dike-New Hartford
Nominated By: Cody Eichmeier, Activities Director
Sports: Football, Wrestling, Track and Field, Baseball
- Student Council, current student body vice president
- Student Mentoring
- 3.95 GPA
- Honor Roll, four years
- Academic Letterwinner, four years
- First team all-state linebacker
- District defensive MVP, 2021 and 2022
- Two-time state qualifier
- Two-time place-winner, 3rd in 2022 and 8th in 2021
- Track & Field
- NICL place-winner
- NICL all-conference, 2021 and 2022
- Coaches vs. Cancer Events — Student Council
- Northeast Iowa Iowa Bank Volunteer — Student Council
- Food Serving Volunteer — Student Council
- WINGS — Church Program Volunteer
- Set Up/Tear Down — Dike Watermelon Days
- Concessions Stand Volunteer
- Youth Football Camp Volunteer
- Flea Market Volunteer — Baseball
Congratulations, Nick! Thank you for being a great representation of your school and Iowa high school activities.