COACH'S CODE OF CONDUCT
• I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship.
• I will respect the integrity and judgement of contest officials.
• I will recognize the individual worth and self-image of each player.
• I will encourage and assist players in setting personal goals for athletics and academics.
• I will strive to develop leadership, initiative, and good judgement in my players.
• I will create a set of training rules which reflect the positive values of abstaining from alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
• I will reinforce positive lifestyle choices through my own choices.
• I will review and practice the prevention and care of athletic injuries.
• I will do my best to provide a safe practice and playing environment for the player I coach.
• I will demonstrate and encourage a respect for all activity programs in my school.
• I will be modest in victory and gracious in defeat, and teach my players the same.
• I will strive to improve my coaching and "people" skills through professional development.
• I will communicate program goals and objectives to players, parents and community.
Information provided by the Iowa Athletic Council.